Some things I love today.
* making pumpkin whoopie pies with a cupcake pan
* Midnight in Paris
* my nail polish color Blue Slate
* discovering new blogs (Can You Stay for Dinner, & Eat The Damn Cake)
* re-committing myself to writing in the mornings, doing word wars at night and brainstorming
requesting transcripts from the schools I attended so I can 1. know what my final GPA was and 2. apply to grad school
* reducing my to be read pile from 65 books to about 37 (not by reading them, mind you but I’m getting there). Now I can actually see all of the books that I have to read and they’re not hiding each other on the shelf.
What do you love today?
I’ve been sick this week, so here are some things that have been getting me through:
* medium-plus heat Indian food that’s good for clearing your sinuses (and tasting amazing, of course)
* Orange juice that’s 100% juice. I’ve gone through a few gallons.
* How To Save a Life by Sara Zarr
* Food Network and all their Thanksgiving cooking shows
* writing ridiculous amounts of fluff and kissing scenes (okay just one)
* trying to sneak in as much sleep as possible. That’s difficult when you can’t lay down without coughing (also why Mucinex is amazing, even though it cost me $17)
* writing my Christmas shopping list and rewriting it and looking for things online
How’s your week going? Hopefully a little healthier than mine!
* It’s my birthday!
* Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 on DVD/ blu ray combo pack
* Cupcakes from my coworker, and eating them for breakfast (bad! i know)
* bowling! and being really bad at it
* dreaming I was in San Francisco
* sleeping in
* spending my day marathon writing and I intend on cleaning a little bit, maybe catching up on laundry (*yawn, i know*) then watching movies.
What do you love today?
One thing I love for each day of this week.
* A date for Indian lunch today. So good. I’m obsessed with Indian food and I have cravings all of the time. I had Paneer Tikka, veggie samosas and rosemary naan.
* Making plans for this blog. It basically involves me posting more. Shocking. It also involves an attempt to be consistent. More pictures, books, love in general.
* Finding Drive Time Italian on my external hard drive. I can’t wait to put that to use.
* What’s Eating You?
On E!. I’m fascinated by eating disorders and every component that is involved with them. I also like knowing that these people are getting help. Or trying to.
* Having a Saturday night off without asking for it. My plan is to watch movies and do yoga. (Unless, of course, my brother is home. Then I’ll probably nix the yoga.)
* Hanging out with this little dude. Even if it involves chasing him all over Walmart and spinning him in circles.
Also, bonus: I’m in the process of creating a writer’s group. Our first meeting was on Tuesday. (I’ll admit I wasn’t the one who started it all, but I’m going to do my best to get more writer’s involved). So hopefully I’ll be writing even more.
Happy Saturday everyone! I really had the best intentions of writing every day this week. In a way I did write, a little bit anyway, because I’ve been trying to free write in the mornings. So here’s seven great things about this past week:
* Book purging – this is actually really painful. I have piles of books on my floor that I’m telling myself I’m going to “get rid of” (Anyone want to look at the list? $5 for paperbacks and $7 for most hardcovers, including shipping…). I’ve been a little too lazy to actually list them on Amazon, and it hurts seeing all of my bookshelves a little more bare. But it’s for the best, I know.
* New books! Francesca Lia Block’s new book The Frenzy hasn’t reached my doorstep yet (though it was supposed to be delivered yesterday) but I can’t wait to read it.
* Girl With The Glass Feet – Ali Shaw. I finished it. I cried. Oh books that make me cry… why do we even read this books, when we know they’re going to be sad? Next up, Geek Love.
* October! Yesterday was Shaylin’s birthday. October 1st marks a more real beginning of fall. It’s the 6th week mark to my birthday.
* Ordering Radish earrings from Etsy. Anyone guess who I’m going to be for Halloween?
* Dinner with my dad. It doesn’t happen often, and hey we ended up hanging out at the bar after with my brother and some other people they knew, but I had a good time.
* My friend Lorelle is starting a literary journal! I don’t want to give out all the details here, so I’ll do that in a post of its own. But let’s just say I’m really excited for her.
Seven amazingly awesome things about your week. Or things you just want to share.
1. I found frozen veggie samosas at Trader Joes! Honestly, they aren’t the best I’ve had, but they’re pretty good and I’m always on the hunt for frozen Samosas.
2. Revamping my resume – It feels nice to have one that feels presentable. Now on to figuring out cover letters…
3. Speaking my mind and being as straightforward as possible, even if it yields undesired results.
4. Hot Apple Cider at Dunkin Donuts & everything Pumpkin Flavoured
5. First Day of FALL
6. Taking the time in the morning before I do anything else to write. I’ve only doneit twice this week but I plan on making this a daily habit.
7. Zumba class. Not totally dying through it. I love dancing.
What’s on your list?