So Erica from Star-Stuff posted that she’s always wanted to do a 100 Things About Her list and she’s decided do to it in parts. I thought this was a brilliant idea and I’ve decided to do the same. So feel free to tell me about yourself, too! This is the first of ten parts.
You can read some other facts about me that I posted a few months ago here.
1. My name is Melanie and my middle name is Kristy. It’s possible my mom stole my name from Melanie the artist in the 70’s who sang about her brand new pair of roller skates.
2. It was in second grade that I decided I was going to be a writer. I also decided somewhere around then I wanted to be a librarian. Both of those things hold true for me today (though I currently work at a bank, I am writing — more than just blog posts).
3. Travel is the only other thing to makes sense to me regarding the question, “What do you want to do with your life?” (although lately I’ve been dreaming about opening a bakery or a coffee shop or some independent library of sorts)
4. I have a bachelors degree in English. To attain that degree I attended three different colleges (spending two amazing semesters in my favorite parts of California).
5. I’ve been single for most for my life and most of the time I really enjoy it, though that doesn’t mean I’m not looking, it just means I’m okay with not being married or engaged or moving in with a significant other right now.
6. Since I was twelve, Hanson has been my favorite band. At this point in my life, I’m sure they will always be my favorite because 1. their music has been there during the times when I needed it most 2. I continue to relate to most of their music and 3. I can’t un-love something I’ve loved for fifteen years.
7. I am left-handed
8. When I exaggerate numbers, I always use 5 and 8 and I have no reason why.
9. It’s rare you’ll find me without a book and notebook in my purse (or in my car… if I took it out of my purse).
10. I danced from 6th grade all through high school into college (mostly jazz and hip-hop). I miss it every day and I’m trying to figure out a way to do it again (Zumba does not count as filling the void for the dancing I miss, sadly).