1. Song lyrics have inspired most of my fiction.
2. An essay I wrote called Behind The Face of Radio was published in Bridgewater State College’s Undergraduate Review Volume III. (Interested in reading it? Let me know and I’ll see if I can post it).
3. I could never live in a land locked state. I love the ocean and would feel claustrophobic without it near.
4. My iPhone is named Miss Lovegood after Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter.
5. I have nicknames by many of my friends. Though the most common one is Mel, I also answer to: Mellii, Mello, Mellochi, Ivy, Colly, Lozenger, Berta and Smell (thanks to my brother).
6. I used to write a lot of poetry. I wrote the class poem for my high school graduation in 2003. I read it out loud during the ceremony and it was published in the 2003 yearbook.
7. I am fascinated by circuses, carnivals and fairs. I love the lights, the music and the people. I find the idea of “geeks” or sideshow freaks particularly intriguing.
8. I’ve tried every sporty from basketball to cheer leading. I even spent part of forth grade learning baton twirling. Dancing in the only thing that ever really stuck.
9. I fell in love with writing in second grade when we spent most of the year rewriting childrens’ books. One particular example I remember was called Melanie and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Day.
10. My first job was in the kitchens at King Richard’s Faire (a Renaissance festival). I lasted two weekends before quitting.
11. I love Alan Rickman’s voice.
12. Once in highschool my hair was blue. It’s also been purple, various shades of red, black and orangey/blonde.
13. My favorite verse in a song was not recorded on the album version of the song.
Don’t wander through
This glassy surface
Expecting to find more than me
‘Cause what am I
Without a purpose
But a lone mirage to see.
A Song To Sing – Hanson
14. I started wearing glasses when I was four or five. They were bright red (and awesome).
15. One time I slept on Sunset Boulevard in Los Angeles. I slept with a Tinkerbell pillow and blanket on the street against a building. Curious about that? Story coming soon.
16. I left my favorite pair of sneakers in Italy because they were falling apart, They were purple low top Chuck Taylors.
17. Glasses on guys is a huge turn on for me.
18. I didn’t have my first kiss until I was just shy of 25 years old.
19. I used to drink pickle juice straight from the jar.