I promise to get on with real writing soon. I’ve been working on the writing, slowly, I just need to bring it all today. In the mean time, it’s Tuesday which means that Gala Darling posts her Curious Tuesday questions and I am here to answer them!
1. Where do you find inspiration? In novels and song lyrics, squishy pillows and children rolling down hills. Inspiration is tucked inside tea cups and hiding behind trees. It’s found in the glitter in the air, the salt in the Atlantic and the dots on Lady Bugs wings.
2. Have you got any hobbies or interests you’ve let lapse and wish you would take up again? I have so many fleeting interests, I’ve had the tendency to overwhelm myself with them. The ones that stand out are photography and scrap booking. I used to alter clothing and make jewelry. And I need to reclaim my interest in writing.
3. One tea party. Ten invitations. Who do you invite? Francesa Lia Block, the girl that plays Luna Lovegood, Kate Nash, Zooey Deschanel, Elvis, Neil Gaiman, Heath Ledger, my dog Chance, Ari’s kid Trent in six years (age eight), Lee Pace.
4. Who was your favourite teacher at school and why? Mrs. Marzelli was my eleventh grade English teacher. She taught an AP writing/ literature class and often we would do yoga at the beginning of class. I learned a lot about writing that year, things that won’t leave me, and without that I don’t think I’d be where I am right now. Also, after the AP test we had childhood regression day, which was probably one of the most fun days in high school — old toys and games and food. Mrs. Marzelli suffered from breast cancer for most of my junior year, but, as far as I know, she is in recovery.
5. Have you ever been in a long distance relationship? When I was fourteen I had a long distance boyfriend for two weeks. Other than that, I’ve had many long distance friendships which, in ways, can be just as difficult and rewarding.
❤ Melanie. Kristy